Having trouble keeping your Enerskin knee sleeves in place? It could be due to slippage. Here are a few tips from Dr. Nara Yoon, Enerskin’s medical consultant, on how to prevent slippage.
- Wear Enerskin silicone side in during exercise. Wear it silicone side out during recovery.
- Slippage may be due to a few factors. First, ensure the top seam is wrinkle free around the entire circumference of the sleeve, especially in the back (this is where slippage tends to occur). If you put it on while sitting, stand and make sure sure all areas are adhering.
- If your skin tends to be dry, slippage may occur more frequently. The more you sweat, the better the silicone taping grips your skin. Before you put the product on, try applying aloe or dab some water on the area where the silicone is slipping.
- If you wear Enerskin short tights and knee sleeves, wearing the shorts on the top of the knee sleeves will prevent slippage. If not, bike shorts can be used in the same way to keep your knee sleeves from falling.
- Enerskin sleeves can be customized by cutting between the lines of the sleeve top to adjust the overall size. The sleeve will still compress due to its double-seamed pattern. However, products that have been cut cannot be returned.
- When wearing the sleeve silicone side out, we recommend folding the silicone at the top of the sleeve in. The taping will help prevent slippage.
- First time users should try wearing Enerskin products silicone side out to allow their sleeves to adjust to their body contours. This stretches the taping so that it fits better when worn silicone side in.